Day 2 – Q 1. Directive Principles of State Policy act as a decisive politico-constitutional tool for bringing about social revolution. Elaborate.
1. Directive Principles of State Policy act as a decisive politico-constitutional tool for bringing about social revolution. Elaborate.
1. राज्य नीति अधिनियम के निर्देशक सिद्धांत सामाजिक क्रांति की स्थापना में एक निर्णायक राजनीतिक-संवैधानिक उपकरण के रूप में कार्य करते हैं। विस्तृत चर्चा करें।
- Give 2-3 lines introduction about DPSP importance.
- In the body, mention those articles which help to bring about social and economic equality. Try to mention article and terms used in the constitution as possible to score high marks.
- 2-3 lines Conclusion is must without that answer is incomplete.
Directive principles of state policy was a borrowed from Irish constitution whose primary role is to establish social and economic equality. Even though judicial non-enforceable but still it plays a huge role in bringing social revolution.
How it plays a role in bringing social revolution to create welfare state:
The content can be segregated into Gandhian, Liberal and Social principles and then respective articles can be mentioned under the headings. Important articles are mentioned below, use them accordingly.
- Article 38: Eliminate inequalities by securing and promoting social order in economic, social, political spheres of life.
- Article 39: gender equality in pay, opportunity and livelihood, elimination in the concentration of wealth etc.
- Article 39A: Access to the judiciary in form of free legal aid for needy.
- Article 40: Village panchayat to empower people and give direct power into their hands.
- Article 42: Women empowerment.
- Article 44: Implementing uniform civil code where all are treating equally irrespective of religion, culture or gender.
- Article 45: Compulsory education to achieve 100% literacy and provide a strong foundation to future of nations.
- Article 46: Provide an opportunity to those people who have been at disadvantage due to historical reasons like SC, ST’s and other weaker sections.
- Article 48A: Protection of the environment which has cultural, social and economic importance to humans.
Note: A line or two explanations is required for each point. 7-8 points depending on word limit is enough in the exam.
Due to various reasons it might have a disadvantageous feature of being non-enforceable but political powers have given due importance to many of them and placed some of them under fundamental rights too. But more needs to be done.
Best answer: Madhavi Yadav