5. “Religion is behaviour and not mere belief”. Discuss.
“धर्म केवल विश्वास ही नहीं बल्कि व्यवहार है”। चर्चा करें।
Our past experiences, environment and even peer groups form our beliefs and attitudes. In turn, these beliefs influence our behavior, and determine our actions. There is one more i.e. Religion which is probably the strongest belief system that has existed for thousands of years.
Most of the religions influence our behavior through their teachings in form of love and fear factor like:
- Hinduism: Through concept of Karma and Reincarnation.
- Christianity: Heaven, Hell and Salvation.
- Islam: Paradise and Hell.
- Buddhism: Reincarnation and Enlightenment.
- Jainism: Concept of Karma, Non-violence etc.
- Sikhism: Heaven and Hell, Reincarnation etc.
- Chinese: Peaceful afterlife and Reincarnation.
These mix of positive and Negative teachings influence behavior of people to do good and Bad deeds, spread love, Honesty, Morality, Charity etc.
For Instance, Hinduism belied in concept of good deeds like Charity, Donation, Upholding of Dharma, working without expectation of any rewards will help u lead a peaceful life on Earth and after death provide you a place in Heaven and Bad deeds will push you to Hell.
Note: Give examples of people like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Buddha, Mahavir etc. to show how they believed in such concept and helped change people’s behavior.
There are enough evidences to prove that there is a correlation between religious beliefs and behaviour. But it is not the only factor that influences behaviour. Rather, it’s an important factor in a pool of other factors
Best Answer: Ankur.