Day 7 – Q 4.The Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP) is a radical departure from the country’s previous development strategies in its scale, scope and ownership. Analyse.
4. The Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP) is a radical departure from the country’s previous development strategies in its scale, scope and ownership. Analyse.
आकांक्षा जिला कार्यक्रम (एडीपी) देश के पिछले विकास रणनीतियों से अपने पैमाने, दायरे और स्वामित्व में एक आमूल परिवर्तन है। विश्लेषण करें।
Small introduction about ADP, who launched it and ranking criteria in 2-3 line is enough.
How program is different from previous initiatives:
- It is based on three core principles of convergence, collaboration and competition.
- State government has been taken on board and they are the main drivers in this program.
- Ensures the Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas vision of present government.
- Real time monitoring of program by measuring progress and ranking the districts.
- Wide coverage: Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture, Financial Inclusion, Skill development and basic infrastructure is the core area of focus.
- Public participation: Real time progress and monitoring of program will be available to public. Also CSR activities can be taken up under the initiative.
- Three tier participation: All three tiers of government from Central to Local level are involved.
- Finance: Spending better is the main focus rather than spending more. There is no special allocation for this program.
- It would either be in form of fund devolution to state or Top down approach.
- One size fits all approach.
- Over lapping of central and state government schemes.
- Leakage of funds.
All the above issues have been addressed. This program not only helps in development of social infrastructure of country but also helps in better co-ordination among all three levels and improve efficiency of government. Co-operative federalism is being implemented in its true form through this program.
No Best Answer