2. Examine the significance of the Arctic region as the new frontier of resources. (Geography)
संसाधनों की नई सीमा के रूप में आर्कटिक क्षेत्र के महत्व की जांच करें।
- The answer contains two parts, 1st part is about Significance of artic region and second part is about challenges. Both part needs to be given equal weightage.
- Introduction and conclusion of 2-3 lines is must.
Artic region which lies above 661/2 north latitude has become a major attraction to explorers and world powers due to its immense mineral resource potential which can be a growth stimulator for 21st century.
Significance of Artic region:
- Economic significance:
- Mineral resources to meet scarcity.
- Employment generation.
- Food: Fisheries and other marine based foods.
- Growth and Development: GDP growth.
- Growth stimulus for stagnant economies like developed countries.
- Advancement in technology: Hydro potential.
- New trade route: Polar silk route.
- Tourism potential.
- Transportation: reduction in travel time from west to east.
- Territorial claims: Between USA, Canada, Denmark, Russia etc.
- Security: Might lead to mini-world war for territorial claims.
- Militarization: Bases.
- Climate change.
- Magnetic effect: Polar ice melting will affect magnetic force of earth.
- Pristine environment.
Note: 8-10 points are enough in exam. 1-2 lines explanation is needed for all points.
The melting of ice due to climate change in Artic has opened new hopes and opportunity for world but if not carefully handled it might lead to world war 3 or a big catastrophic event to earth’s atmosphere.
Best Answer: El-Nino Modaki