Day 39 – Q 2. What are the tools of social empowerment? How does social empowerment lead to social justice? Discuss.
2. What are the tools of social empowerment? How does social empowerment lead to social justice? Discuss.
सामाजिक सशक्तिकरण के उपकरण क्या हैं? सामाजिक सशक्तिकरण से सामाजिक न्याय कैसे सुनिश्चित होता है? चर्चा करें।
Social empowerment is understood as the process of developing a sense of autonomy and self-confidence, and acting individually and collectively to change social relationships and the institutions and discourses that exclude poor people and keep them in poverty.
Tools of Social empowerment
- Constitutional Safeguards: Constitution is best tool of empowerment.
Fundamental rights enshrined in constitution ensured a right of dignity and respect to all sections of society.
- Various acts and policies to tackle discrimination and corruption: Ex: SC/ST act which empowers the weaker section of society to speak against their perpetrators. RTI act empowers them to seek information.
- Institutional safeguards: In order to ensure the rights guaranteed by constitution are enforced commissions like NCW, NCM work on complaints and investigate matter.
- International bodies like UN: SDG goals which stress around holistic development in the form of elimination of poverty, universal access to health care, education, and housing.
- Specific schemes by Government: Schemes like Stand up India, Skill India, and Make in India focus on empowering the weaker sections.
- Pressure groups: Various pressure groups and NGOs have often helped in empowerment and bring about substantial change.
- Role of mass and social media: Media has been helpful by providing a voice to weaker section of society by highlighting their plights and demands.
Social empowerment leads to social justice in following ways
- Constitutional Safeguards: The constitution has specifically tried to provide representation to SC/ST; due to this many leaders from community have emerged who have led to empowerment of their communities.
- Government Schemes: Various schemes of government has helped to empower weaker sections and provided them jobs and improving their standard of living
For India to become a developed nation social empowerment of its weaker sections need to be fastened and efforts are constantly taken to achieve the same through various policies and initiatives.
Best Answer: Suraj Singh