2. The root cause of all economic problems in India is its population. Analyse.
A recent report by the UN forecast that India’s population could surpass that of China by around 2024. Around 365 million people in India are in the age bracket of 10-24 years. The NFHS expects this group to be the main driver of the population in coming decades.
Root cause of economic problems:
- Exploitation of limited resources
- Unemployment and disguised unemployment
- Costly and insufficient healthcare
- Urban slums
- Inaccessible quality education
Cannot be solely attributed
- Skill development required for employment, poverty alleviation
- Proper policies and state expenditure on healthcare
- Urban area management and rurban development to contain urban migration
- Improvement in teaching for quality of education
- Manufacturing sector was bypassed which can absorb agricultural labor
Population does have an impact o the developmental levels of a country, but it is not the sole cause of all economic troubles. China despite having the highest population is having high development whereas countries in Africa and south America even after having an optimum population are underdeveloped or developing.
Best answer: Point_Nemo