Day 36 – Q 2.Can a person without administrative aptitude become a successful public servant? Critically comment.
2. Can a person without administrative aptitude become a successful public servant? Critically comment.
क्या बिना प्रशासनिक अभिरुचि वाला व्यक्ति एक सफल लोक सेवक बन सकता है? समालोचनात्मक टिप्पणी करें।
An aptitude is a component of a competence to do a certain kind of work at a certain level. It is inborn potential to do certain kinds of work whether developed or undeveloped. Administration is a systematic process of administering the management of any organization.
The main function of administration is the formation of plans, policies, and procedures, setting up of goals and objectives, enforcing rules and regulations, etc. To successfully run an organisation, a public servant must develop administrative aptitude.
A Public Servant without administrative aptitude:
- He/She Can’t be able to manage critical situations or when an organisation is in crisis
- Delegation of work cannot be effective without having proper administrative skills which lead to confusion and mismanagement of the organisation’s resources.
- He/She always chooses the easiest solution to solve a problem without spending more time to come up with a good resolution for all concerned.
- People with such poor administrative aptitude give chance to Misuse of their position and power by others/themselves.
- They can’t set an example as a “Leader”, tend to be a follower.
- He/She focuses on managing people and their work.
- Profit-making orientation and corruption creep into the organisation.
A Public Servant with administrative aptitude
- He/She focuses on making the best possible utilization of the organization’s resources.
- People with administrative aptitude possess Quick and efficient Decision-making ability.
- Leadership is the hallmark of a good public servant and a great administrative aptitude.
- The Discipline of the administrator is an important component as it flows down the organisation.
- They contain a strong personality. Being strong means having the confidence to change any worst situation regarding organisation into an optimistic one.
- They are Unbiased, make themselves accountable and able to See long term interests of the institution.
- No micro-management and Allow employees to grow. He/She understands their concerns and needs.
- Apart from that, They make organisation Highly productive and effective by using methods of teamwork, participatory approach in the organisation etc.,
However, presence of administrative aptitude alone may not suffice. It also the right attitude, compassion, honesty, emotional intelligence, public mindedness, etc to become a successful public servant.