Day 38 – Q 2.When you show deep empathy toward others, their defensive energy goes down, and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get more creative in solving problems. Illustrate.
2. When you show deep empathy toward others, their defensive energy goes down, and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get more creative in solving problems. Illustrate.
जब आप दूसरों के प्रति गहरी सहानुभूति दिखाते हैं, तो उनकी रक्षात्मक ऊर्जा कम हो जाती है, और सकारात्मक ऊर्जा इसे बदल देती है। जब आप समस्याओं को हल करने में अधिक रचनात्मक हो सकते हैं। उदाहरण देकर स्पष्ट करें।
Empathy is a quality by which we can understand, recognize and respond to the feelings and emotions of others. As Alfred alder said, “Empathy is seeing with the eyes of another, listening with the ears of another and feeling with the heart of another”
In other words, putting oneself in other’s shoe and feeling what the other is feeling.
- Walking in their shoes- Doing so will help us see our team and family members, not as complainers, but more accurately for who they really are: struggling individuals that need help.
- This is important because, at one point or another, every one of us goes through our own struggle. When we develop a practice of understanding and helping others, they will often do the same for us.
- Defensiveness or Defensive energy of an individual is shown in many forms such as Blaming others, Anger, Fear, Pain, Ego etc.,
- When a person is experiencing problems, their defensive energy kicks in. Here it may be shouting at others or showing anger. At this point, try to stay alongside him/her, to better understand the person’s point of view. Just a few minutes of listening can do wonders toward helping you to feel their pain.
- Showing empathy in this way takes time, but you will often motivate the one(s) you are trying to help just by showing that you care enough to take this step. It is then positive energy reinforces in the person and tries to solve his/her problem.
- For example, If a widow comes to a civil servant for help and is full of sorrow ( defensive energy). The civil servant must empathise with her situation first, Assure her of helping out. This fills positive energy in her.
- Now the civil servant is in a better position to think clearly and innovatively as he has been in shoes of another person. He/she can help by making a list of government schemes applicable to her and make sure they reach the beneficiary at the earliest.
- Eg. If a teacher empathises with a child’s weak performance (Defensive energy of child may be to be scared or low confidence on oneself), then only he/she tries new methods of teaching (a creative solution).
Empathy is an important trait because, When you work hard to walk in another person’s shoes, they’ll be moved to do the same for you. And that makes the world a better place to live.