2. What are your views on the Palestine issue? Comment from an ethical perspective.
फिलिस्तीन मुद्दे पर आपके क्या विचार हैं? नैतिक दृष्टिकोण से टिप्पणी करें।
‘Palestine issue’ refers to the ongoing struggle between Israelis and Palestinians that began in the mid-20th century. The key issues are – mutual recognition, borders, security, water rights, control of Jerusalem, Israeli settlements, Palestinian freedom of movement, and Palestinian right of return.
My views on the Palestine issue
- Justice – Palestinians are being forced to leave their own homeland by real or perceived dangers. The perpetrators are not punished.
- Rights – The natural rights as human beings and constitutional rights as citizens are being violated.
- Responsibilities of power centers in the region – Despite a long-term peace process, Israelis and Palestinians have failed to reach a final peace agreement. Powerful and prosperous nations must act as facilitator of dialogue to diffuse tension and bring stability.
- International empathy – Concerns by other nations, help by International NGO’s and effectiveness of International body like U.N.
- Common good – Peace and prosperity in the Middle East region is important for regional stability and development.
Long going Israelis – Palestinians conflict puts a question mark of the efficacy of international ethics and governance. The issue must be dealt with idea of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (the world is one family). All countries must take steps to resolve the conflict and make the world a better place to live.