Day 43 – Q 4.Do you think various agricultural extension schemes make a difference for Indian farmers? Substantiate with the help of suitable examples.
4. Do you think various agricultural extension schemes make a difference for Indian farmers? Substantiate with the help of suitable examples.
क्या आपको लगता है कि विभिन्न कृषि सूचना एवं ज्ञान योजनाएं भारतीय किसानों के लिए सकरात्मक अंतर पैदा कर पाती हैं? उपयुक्त उदाहरणों की मदद से पुष्ट करें।
Agricultural extension is the application of scientific research and knowledge to agricultural practices through farmer education. Generally, agricultural extension can be defined as the “delivery of information inputs to farmers.”
Various Agriculture extension schemes of government:
- Support to State Extension Programmes for Extension Reforms
- Mass Media Support to Agricultural Extension
- Establishment of Agri-Clinic and Agri-Business Centres by Agriculture Graduates (ACABC)
- Kisan call centers.
- Farmer’s portal.
- M-Kisan app.
- DD Kisan Channel.
- Crop Insurance app.
- E-Krishi samvad.
- Lack of Awareness: About Insurance app, Kisan call centers etc.
- Lack of timely access.
- Digital illiteracy: Facilities like Internet, Farmers portal, Mobile applications are of no use to majority due to lack of digital knowledge to use them.
- Lack of Infrastructure: For instance, programs on DD-Kisan are based on fixed schedule and rural parts of country get electricity only for limited hours.
- Language issues: The support is given only in major languages.
Note: Give a line or two explanations in schemes part. That will cover the first part of question.
The issues pointed out should be addressed. Government can look up to certain western countries who have successfully rolled out extension services in agriculture and implement them in India as well.
Best Answer: John Nash