Day 41 – Q 2. To not realise the shimmering discontent over the issue linguistic reorganisation within the country was a grave miscalculation on the part of Indian leaders post independence. Critically comment.
2. To not realise the shimmering discontent over the issue linguistic reorganisation within the country was a grave miscalculation on the part of Indian leaders post independence. Critically comment.
देश के भीतर भाषाई पुनर्गठन के मुद्दे पर असंतोष की भावना को ना समझना, भारतीय नेताओं की स्वतंत्रता के बाद की एक गलती थी। समालोचनात्मक टिप्पणी करें।
Though 1921 amendment of the constitution of the INC supported the formation of the regional branches on linguistic basis and it also supported the redrawing of the provisional boundaries based on it, after independence the linguistic reorganization listed as the low priority issue.
Though the Dhar committee and JVP committee were against the linguistic reorganization, Nehru had to create the Andhra state immediately after the death of Sri Potti Sriramalu. So it was considered a miscalculation on the parts of Indian leaders. The arguments for it are
- Language is the key determinant of culture of people.
2.ease of administration set up.
- large no of population can understand it so it is necessary for mass education and development.
4 ensure the federalism
- one of the easy criteria for reorganization and would heal the communistic voices to some extent.
However, leaders have their own concern:
- The immediate linguistic reorganization make the partition effect much more deep so leaders wanted to conserve unity.
- fillip regionalism.
- large no of speaking languages- linguistic reorganization leads to balkanisation.
- minority languages becomes more vulnerable.
However later it proved to a tool of unity and spirit of regionalism in a way promoted development for eg. Telangana, Gujarat
However, there are still some challenges looming over India
- Insurgency in north east
- Demand for creation of Bodoland, Gorkhaland, Vidharbha, Bundelkhand , Khalistan as a separate state
Thus in the nut shell, linguistic reorganization strengthened the democratic set up and it also promoted the cultural diversity of our country. The linguistic reorganization was also become instrumental to prevent the communistic forces. However, challenges mentioned above need to be addressed.
Best answer: Ankur