Day 33 – Q 1.What are the possible benefits for a common man from the Chandrayaan Mission? Discuss.
1. What are the possible benefits for a common man from the Chandrayaan Mission? Discuss.
चंद्रयान मिशन से एक आम आदमी के लिए संभावित लाभ क्या हैं? चर्चा करें।
Chandrayaan-2 is India’s second lunar exploration mission after Chandrayaan-1, developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation. It involves the three modules: the Orbiter, Lander (Vikram) and Rover (Pragyan) to conduct various scientific experiments on the lunar surface.
Benefits from chandrayaan-2 mission to a common man:
Chennai water crisis
- During its first mission to Moon in 2008, ISRO found the water on Moon. Experts stated that the present expedition could offer much-needed solutions to existing water shortages in Chennai.
- India is trying to identify the existence of Helium-3 on the surface of the Moon. The non-radioactive Helium-3 is touted to have the potential to power nuclear fusion reactors for centuries. Chennai, despite being a coastal city is suffering from drinking water scarcity.
- In the desalination process, the seawater is processed and made potable. However, the desalination process requires extreme energy guzzler technology. Here, Helium-3 based energy could come very handy.
Discoveries to benefit India, its citizens and humanity as a whole:
- A successful Chandrayaan 2 mission could prove to be a paradigm shift in the way expeditions to the Moon are conducted. It will also increase the understanding of space and promote global alliances, which finally culminates into “Peace”.
- stimulation of technological development, and generation of scientific knowledge.
Making lives better:
- The requirements for high precision and for extreme reliability which must be imposed upon the components of a moon-travelling chandrayaan-2 are entirely unprecedented in the history of engineering, they improve manufacturing procedures, lengthen the lifetimes of instruments, and even discover new laws of nature.
- All this newly acquired technical knowledge is also available for application to earth-bound technologies. Every year, about a thousand technical innovations generated in the space program find their ways into our earthly technology where they lead to better kitchen appliances and farm equipment, better sewing machines and radios, better ships and aeroplanes, better weather forecasting and storm warning, better communications, better medical instruments, better utensils and tools for everyday life.
- The Chandrayaan-2 programme is extremely exciting. Especially, the Vikram lander which will carry out several scientific experiments on the lunar surface. it will be interesting to further explore its environment, for example, it’s surface constituents and its connection to the Earth’s environment.
Better Standard of Living:
- In our modern world, we’re often looking for instant gratification. But science isn’t always like that. Nuclear power wasn’t harnessed for decades after the idea was first proposed; the Higgs boson was only found after over 40 years had passed and billions of dollars were invested in its search. Yet each of these achievements, along with countless others, have helped bring about the modern world, with billions of people enjoying a higher quality of life than ever before.
- chandrayaan-2 will provide that inspiration to the youth and also the national public mainstream. It would inspire the young generation into notable achievements and enable them to play their legitimate role in challenging future activities
The Chandrayaan-2 mission is a precursor to the ambitious Gaganyaan project, which aims to place three Indians in space by 2022. ), interplanetary probes and a solar spacecraft mission (Aditya). The missions of ISRO have helped in various applications like telecommunication, military, etc. and its future missions are expected to further explore new areas in space technology.