3. Family and friendship are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness. Discuss.
परिवार और दोस्ती खुशी के सबसे बड़े स्रोत हैं। चर्चा करें।
Family and friendship are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness – James C. Maxwell
To avoid “filling up” words in ethics answer, use many examples from different fields to validate your points.
Always take a broader interpretation of the quote
Various psychological studies have found that it is our relationships that make us truly happy and not our material possessions. In other words, it is our family and friends which are most important for our happiness and nothing else can provide us with that sense of contentment.
Importance of family and friends:
- Motivation – Love for someone drives one to give in an extra effort to excel. It motivates the person to keep going no matter what the odds are.
- They provide emotional, psychological, financial and physical support in the times of crisis.
- Helps inculcate ethical values like honesty, morality. Love and attachment with the family, makes one stay ethical, stick to high standards.
- Brings in confidence. Honest admiration by family and friends makes one feel that he/she is going on right track.
- It helps one judge his/her actions. Admiration along with criticism by our loved ones should thus be given equal importance.
- It improves one’s emotional intelligent as he/she will be aware of how others feel.
- Family and friends teaches us important skills like teamwork.
The sole objective of one’s life is to stay happy. While definition of happiness is quite subjective, one thing which can’t be denied is it’s the joy of sharing what one has that brings in satisfaction. For this to happen one needs love of family and admiration of friends.
Use to above points to structure your arguments and try to validate them using examples.
Best Answer – Arvind Senta
Best Answer – Vipasha Parul