5. Can one’s emotions be directed to meet the goals of life? Critically analyse.
क्या जीवन की लक्ष्यों को पूरा करने के लिए किसी की भावनाओं को निर्देशित किया जा सकता है? समालोचनात्मक विश्लेषण करें।
- Key word in this question is “Critically analyse”.
- In introduction, we can start with definition of emotions, and then in body of the answer, analyse the question asked with arguments and examples.
- Here we have to analyse whether one’s emotions can be directed to meet the goals of life. These directions can be ethically right or wrong.
- In conclusion, take a clear stand of yours, whether or not goals can be achieved through directing the emotions.
- Emotions can be defined as psychological states that comprise thoughts and feelings, physiological changes, expressive behaviors, and inclinations to act.
- Emotions are inalienable part of human behaviour. It affects everything we do.
Can one’s emotions be directed to meet the goals of life?
- Many people allow their emotions to rule them or be in charge of their life rather than their rational reasoning.
- Deciding what to do with your emotions instead of allowing your emotions to decide what you should do is nothing but directing the emotions towards achievement of goals.
- An emotionally intelligent person can direct his/her and others’ emotions to meet his/her goals of life.
- Emotional intelligence describes an ability to monitor your own emotions as well as the emotions of others, to distinguish between and label different emotions correctly, and to use emotional information to guide your thinking and behavior and influence that of others.
- Researches have proven that high level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) can ensure you to get the job more easily; 71% of top managers find EI more important for business than IQ.
- Other than career, there are many examples from various spheres of life where we find how individuals directed their emotions to achieve their goals.
- Those were the basic emotions of anger, fear and sadness which made successful leaders from Nelson Mandela to Martin Luther King and many others.
- It was Gandhi’s mastery over emotions of the masses which gave a climax to Indian National Movement ultimately leading to independence, the final goal of his life.
- If not directed properly, emotions may lead to destructions of life goals too.
- A young engineer, with a bright academic history is joining terror outfits or a simple ignorant farmer is joining Naxal extremist groups are also examples of misguided emotions of anger and sadness.
- Hitler and such other are examples where emotions of the masses were directed to achieve destructive goals.
- Self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills are the various types of emotional intelligences which contains various emotional competences.
- If these emotional intelligences are used properly then certainly emotions can be successfully directed to meet the goals of life. For this, one needs to move from Emotional Enslavement to Emotional Mastery; this means moving from being emotionally enslaved to being emotionally in charge of your life.
Best Answer: Sreelakshmy Vijayan Uma