Day 18 – Q 3.We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. Comment.
3. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. Comment.
हम वह है जो हम सोचते हैं। हमारा उदय हमारे विचारों के साथ हुआ है। अपने विचारों के साथ, हम दुनिया बनाते हैं। टिप्पणी करें।
“We are what we think” has been emphasised by Buddha in Dhammapada. The similar lines are quoted by Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda. This indicates to us just how important these words are.
- It is said that our beliefs become our thoughts, our thoughts become our words, our words become our actions, our actions become our habits, our habits become our values, our values become our destiny.
- Gandhi has sown his mind with thoughts of truth and non-violence. Which became his action from there on in his life and the freedom movement.
- Whereas the Nazis belief system was conditioned to believe in racial supremacy and in turn lead to the Genocide (Action).
- We aren’t what anyone else says we are; we are what you think you are. So if one thinks he/she is talented, he/she’ll open the way for your talent to shine forth. If One restricts him/her with negative thoughts about yourself, they won’t blossom.
- As a child, If the values of honesty and punctuality are inculcated then the child grows up into a law abiding citizen.
- In a family, If the head of the family believes in Gender equality and treats both the boy and girl child alike, chances are that the son grows up and treat fellow women with utmost respect.
- A society which believes in love, has a place for everyone. Even for the transgender, outcasts, destitute etc.
- A country believing in Secularism and Peace like India, makes a Dignified living possible to all of its religions and thus making a happier and peaceful world
Our mind is a garden. our thoughts are the seeds. We can grow flowers or weeds. Because in the end, we are what we think.