Day 18 – Q 2.Which one of the former American Presidents is your favourite and why? Which of his ideas or actions have inspired you the most? Discuss.
2. Which one of the former American Presidents is your favourite and why? Which of his ideas or actions have inspired you the most? Discuss.
पूर्व अमेरिकी राष्ट्रपतियों में से कौन आपका पसंदीदा है और क्यों? उनके किस विचार या कार्य ने आपको सबसे अधिक प्रेरित किया है? चर्चा करें।
“The change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones who have been waiting for. We are the change that we seek”. there will never be the perfect time, the people that make things happen and make real changes in the world are the people who do not wait for others or the time, they take action right there and then. One man who did believe it could happen and did not wait for anybody or for when the time was right, was Barack Obama.
Barack Obama is one of my favorite former presidents of America
The best thing I like about Obama is his leadership qualities, a good leader represents the characteristics of honesty, proactive, earnestness, and so much more. A leader that is educated and embodies the ability to assess the other group’s skills and talents in order to utilize them to accomplish a goal. Barack Obama was the first black senator for the state of Illinois. he was also the first black United States President. He made a healthcare program that has been modified to include more people it was called Obamacare. As a leader he did many things which include visiting foreign countries, instilling hope and freedom, and providing opportunity, modernizing infrastructure, building new energy sources etc.
Some of the ideas of Barack Obama inspired me the most
- Conviction: The campaign slogan of Obama for the 2008 presidential campaign when he was elected the president for the first time was “Change we can believe in.” let’s discuss his conviction and belief and what he was conveying to the general public. Obama always has a firm belief that if something is right and if you think you are on the right track then you can influence others too and get your message across. This will take some time but eventually you’ll succeed. When he took a stand on many issues, like UN resolution on Israel-Palestinian conflict, everyone believed that he has a valid point and he is not taking the American people and the world community for granted. He talked with logic and knew his job well in influencing people and other leaders so that his point of view was understandable.
- Change: Everyone started to talk about change after the Obama’s campaign became successful. It became the buzz word and was used across the board by virtually every person talking about some transformation, revolution, etc. This quality and the way Obama portrayed it almost becomes synonymous with him and whenever someone talked about change, the name of Obama also resonates. Obama just didn’t use the word change for his campaign. Across his 8 years tenure as the president, he tried to achieve so much by applying a change in every aspect of running the country and what he was doing for the people in general.
- About ambitions: once in an interview he was asked how he would describe his own peculiar ambition and its development, President Obama explained his belief that ambitions are common when we are young — we want to prove ourselves and gain notoriety. But once a leader begins to achieve some of that notoriety or face adversity, the sense of ambition for ambition’s sake begins to dissipate, allowing true passions take hold. “And if you don’t go through that, then you start getting into trouble, because then you’re just clinging to prerogatives and the power and the attention.
- Taking Risks: It is a common practice that many people play it safe when it comes to anything related to their work or professional life. Taking risks, even a minor one, is not everyone’s cup of tea. That’s the reason why most successful people are the ones who take risks in their life and come out triumphant. Obama always urged people around him and the general public about taking risks, although calculated ones in the start. The more we will know about Obama, the more we will be inclined to take risks in the life and benefit from this act rather than fail.
- Turning Endings into a New Beginning: A leader is a person who is never satisfied with even his own work and always look to achieve more. Take the example of Barack Obama, with a host of things to do on his list, how he turned an ending into a beginning for the next project dozens of times? That’s where his leadership skills come into effect and made all the difference. In most of his speeches we often find the phrase “Let’s get back to work”. That’s his way of celebrating a victory in a battle or just after inaugurating a new project. He did that time and again and made sure everyone listened to it. He uses the positive public reaction and sentiment to begin a fresh project so that the buoyant mode keeps the momentum going and help in completing the new task with ease.
The public, despite the tough conditions in which he inherited the economy and country, has seen Obama favorably. He has steered his party to two victories, on the back of a strong economic and domestic policy.