Day 80 – Q 1.In any policy framework comprising of public schemes, the most vital factor is measurability of outcomes. Do you agree? Substantiate.
1. In any policy framework comprising of public schemes, the most vital factor is measurability of outcomes. Do you agree? Substantiate.
सार्वजनिक योजनाओं में शामिल किसी भी नीतिगत ढांचे में, सबसे महत्वपूर्ण कारक परिणामों की मापनीयता है। क्या आप सहमत हैं? पुष्टी करें।
Measurability of outcome refers to be able to measure practically and objectively the goals of a scheme/program. For this it is necessary to set the goals in a clearly defined manner.
In any policy framework comprising of public schemes, the most vital factor is measurability of outcomes.
- General guidance to the program – and motivation to achieve the given target.
- Midterm review and change in strategy – when the outcome is measurable, it is easy to see whether the target is being achieved or not in the mid-term review. Changes in strategy can also be accordingly made.
- Audit and feedback – can effectively happen only when public schemes have measurable outcomes.
- Measurement of efficiency of governance – can be done objectively.
- Citizens participation – can be further enhanced when there is clarity in goal and outcome of public policy.
- Innovative solutions – can be brought about by private sector, NGO’s, civil societies, individuals when there is clear set goal of public policy.
[Students must provide example for each of the above points]
Formulating policy framework comprising of public schemes is a job of very high responsibility. Government is liable to perform this task with utmost diligence to fulfill its obligation under the social contract. Measurable outcomes can be one tool to achieve this task.