1. How does aptitude differ from attitude? Illustrate.
अभिवृत्ति कैसे दृष्टिकोण से भिन्न है? उदाहरण देकर स्पष्ट करना करें।
Attitude and Aptitude are important characteristics of the human personality, which influence one’s learning, performance and behaviour as well as the way one adapts to his or her environment.
|An aptitude is a component of a competence to do a certain kind of work at a certain level. Aptitude is inborn potential to do certain kinds of work whether developed or undeveloped.||A predisposition or a tendency to respond positively or negatively towards a certain idea, object, person, or situation.|
|Aptitude is related to capability and proficiency||Attitude is related to character|
|Aptitude may be physical or mental||Attitude is only mental related|
|Major components of aptitude are (1) emotional aptitude (2) intellectual aptitude (3) moral aptitude||Major components of attitude are (1) Affective: emotions or feelings. (2) Cognitive: belief or opinions held consciously. (3) Behavioral: inclination for action. (4) Evaluative: positive or negative response to stimuli.|
|Aptitude is the potential of a person to do certain things due to the innate ability or accumulated knowledge.||Attitude is the way a person understands, perceives and responds to certain situation.|
|Aptitude is positive connotation only.||Attitude can be positive and negative.|
Example for aptitude:
- Enabling creative work shops when there is less enrolment for insurance schemes for agriculture and livestock. This is completely based on knowledge and potential to increase the enrolment for the welfare of the society.
- Managing the administration when there is short of human resources shows person’s efficiency, potential and capability.
Example for attitude:
- There are number of schemes for the development of poor. Helping the poor within the administrative limits when they are devoid of document shows the positive attitude of the administrator.
- Maintaining the good relationship between the subordinates and superior officers shows the balance of attitude of a person.
- Famous personalities such as Mahatma Gandhi, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, and Mother Teresa were successful in their fields because of their positive attitude – when their journeys became challenging, they did not give up; instead, they kept on trying till they reached their goals
Civil Servants need to deal with different mindset of people and situation every day, his decision making affects society as a whole. He should be morally just and effective decision maker and thus aptitude and attitude largely helps to achieve.